Passport applications during COVID-19
The Australian Embassy will continue to offer passport services during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As we are not accepting face-to-face appointments, we can only provide Limited Validity Passports (valid for up to 12 months). If you have no plans to travel, we recommend waiting to submit your application until the situation eases.
What to include with your application
- A fully completed passport application form. This can be completed via our website www.passports.gov.au.
- A digital passport photo. You can take own photo so long as it meets passport guidelines.
- Photocopy of your most recent passport (photo page only)
- B11 General Declaration stating the reason for travel
- Credit Card Authorisation form for payment. Please ensure your credit card accepts international payments as the Canberra Passport Office will process the credit card payments. Fees are payable in AUD. Please contact [email protected] for advice on the current fees and to request credit card authorisation form.
- For clients submitting the PC8 Application for an Australian Passport Overseas form (e.g. child applications, first time applicants, replacement of lost/stolen passports), you should also include photocopies of all required documents.. This includes evidence of Australian citizenship and identity documents. Please click here for more information on the types of documents required.
Where to send your application
Applications and supporting documentation should be scanned and emailed to [email protected]
Once we receive a complete application and credit card payment is processed, we will email you with the time and date of your interview which will be conducted via video call.
Once your passport has been processed, you will be contacted by a passport officer to discuss collection options.